My name is Kasey Burke and welcome to my fashion blog, Put Fashion First! I am a sophomore at Marist College and I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Journalism. With a passion for fashion and for storytelling, I am embarking on this blogging experience. Here, I will be chronicling breaking fashion news on the local and global scale. Fashion influences everyday life in countless way and on this blog, I hope to showcase that.
- I was born and raised in Connecticut.
- Ever since the fourth grade, I have been interested in the fashion industry because of the movie The Devil Wears Prada.
- I have had previous newspaper writing experience at a Connecticut newspaper, The News Times. You can find links to my articles here: x, x, and x.
- At Marist, I’m involved the dance ensemble, campus ministry, and fashion club.
- My favorite fashion designers are Elie Saab, Carolina Herrera, and Michael Kors.
- I have been dancing since I was three years old at a studio at home.